Installing your Therma° sensors
Therma° takes the guesswork out of protecting your inventory, so you’ll be free to rest easy. Learn how easy it is to install Therma’s remote temperature monitoring system through our Android or iPhone mobile apps.
Read on to learn:
- What’s included with your Therma° order
- Placing your sensors
- Setting up your Therma° hub
- Adding Therma Sensors to your dashboard and mobile app
- Activating your Therma° sensors
- Setting up Therma° alerts
Included with your Therma° order
Therma° includes temperature and humidity sensors, a 4G Therma° Hub, and the Therma° dashboard (accessible on mobile or desktop). The 4G hub relays the signal from the sensors to your dashboard and mobile app. Multiple sensors can be linked with a 4G Therma° Hub. For multi-unit operators, every store should have at least one dedicated Hub per location.
Placing your Therma° sensors
Place your Therma° sensors wherever you want to measure ambient temperature and humidity such as refrigerators, freezers, and coolers. Best practices for placing sensors include:
- Place Therma° sensors in the middle of the unit, with enough space to read the temperature around them.
- Do not put sensors near doors or fans. Sudden gusts of airflow pointed at the sensor can cause inaccurate temperature data and trigger excessive alerts.
- Do not place sensors within or directly on top of food.
- Do not submerge sensors in water, above heat or fire, or in ziplock bags.
Therma’s sensors are battery-operated, and will continuously operate for up to a decade from a single battery.
Setting up your hub
Your hub comes with two antennas. Screw each antenna into the back of your hub. Look for the labels on the back of the hub to identify where to screw each antenna. The hub should be placed in an area where the antennas have at least 3-4" of clearance so that they can be facing up and towards the sky at all times.What does each antenna do?
- The short, flat antennae enables 4G connectivity and should be placed in the socket labeled 4G.
- The long, round antennae enables Long Range Radio or LoRa and should be installed into the socket labeled LoRa.
Linking your sensors
Link Therma° sensors to your store location through an easy two-step process:Create a location
- To link your sensors to your software, first, create a location. Creating a location allows you to quickly identify which facility your sensor is installed and keeps your data organized.
Next, add the sensor to the facility where it is located in one of two ways:
- Use the QR scanner on the Android or iPhone mobile apps, located in the “add sensor” section to link your sensors.
- Add sensors manually using the SN number located on the front of your sensor.
Therma° sensors measure temperature and humidity every 10 minutes.
Activating your sensors
The final step in setting up Therma is activating the sensors using the “ACT” button on the bottom of your sensor.
When to set up Therma° alerts
After you’ve set up your Therma° system, allow the sensors to collect temperature data for at least 2 days. Use the initial temperature data to make adjustments to your environmental controls before starting to set alerts. This will prevent you from receiving a large volume of alerts on your first day. When you’re ready to start setting up alerts, navigate to the ‘Alerts’ tab on your dashboard.
For questions on installing your Therma° sensors, reach out to our support team by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or watch the video below: